Now being delivered online
Because of the rise in our ageing population, aged care is one of Australia’s fastest growing sectors. Gain the skills and knowledge you require to start a career in rewarding aged care sector by commencing your aged care training with Selmar!
The Certificate III in Individual Support is an entry level qualification for those who want to work in aged care. This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability, or some other reason.
Call us on 1300 223 040 to find out more about Selmar’s aged care training.
Get your career started today.
Certificate III in Individual Support
Practical placement hours
Minimum of 120 hours in a residential aged care facility that we can help you organise. For workplace learners, practical placement hours can be scheduled during usual working hours.
Direct Debit, Credit Card, Pay-as-you-go (Catalyst plus)
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health and community services
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCCCS017 Provide loss and grief support
CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for ACSF LEVEL 2
- You need to provide a current national Police Check (VIC or NSW depending on where you are commencing your course) or you must provide evidence that you have applied for a police check in your respective state as soon as possible.
- Evidence of flu and COVID-19 vaccination is required to undertake practical placement in an aged care setting. For more information, check with your state health department website.
Possible career pathways you may like to consider upon completion:
- Personal care worker/assistant
- Community care worker
- Residential care worker
- Accommodation support worker
- Home carer assistant
- Disability support worker
Our workplace delivery mode is designed for anyone who is currently employed in a community services organisation. Selmar trainers will arrange regular visits to your workplace to offer support and guidance. Read more
- Regular workplace visits — all training comes to you
- One-on-one training
- Marking done on site and feedback given on the spot
- Flexible assessment methods
- Employer incentives available to support eligible students
* Minimum of 120 hours in a residential aged care facility. For workplace learners, practical placement hours can be scheduled during usual working hours.
Study method: Online
One of the benefits of studying with Selmar is our practical learning that will help you develop hands-on, real-life skills so you develop sector-ready confidence to succeed in the workplace! As part of this program, a minimum of 120 hours must be completed in an aged care facility. For students not currently working in the aged care sector, these hours are incorporated into our programs through practical placement. And, we even help you organise placement via our extensive sector network! Read more
For those not currently working in a community service organisation, you can study around your life commitments with practical placement that we can help organise.
Your dedicated trainer will provide feedback, guidance and support via email, skype and phone as well as arrange regular placement visits to complete observations and provide coaching.
*Minimum of 120 hours in a residential aged care facility that we can help you organise.
Study method: Online