This qualification reflects the role of workers who are middle managers or managers across a range of community sector organisations. These people work independently and report to executive management, directors or boards of management. They undertake a range of functions requiring the application of knowledge and skills to achieve results in line with the organisation’s goals and strategic directions.
This qualification is a pathway designed to broaden the skills of the graduate across other sections of the community services industry. This may include management of a specific programs or project, or broader management of a community-based organisation, early childhood education service, not-for-profit organisation or community centre.
During this course you will be covering:
- Leadership, building and maximising team performance
- Effective recruiting, coaching and performance management of staff
- Managing diversity with staff and clients
- Ethics in the workplace
- Managing finances and accounts
- Working to a business model
- Government regulations and quality frameworks
Start studying sooner with a VET Student Loan
VET Student Loans are available for the Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management. Our courses also provide other payment options including payment plans and direct debt. Learn more about our fees and funding.
Call us on 1300 223 040 to find out more about our Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management.
Get your career started today.
BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
BSBRSK501 Manage risk
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCMGT001 Develop, implement and review quality framework
CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
BSBFIM601 Manage finances
CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
CHCPRP004 Promote and represent the service
CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance management processes
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for ACSF LEVEL 3.
- You will meet entry requirements for this course if you:
- are in a management role in the community sector or have previously undertaken one of these roles, or;
- hold a qualification at Diploma level or above relevant to work in the community sector or have sufficient experience and knowledge of community work or service, or;
- are in a second in charge role (or equivalent), however, you will need to have employer support to be able to complete a range of tasks within the workplace.
- A national police check is also required to enrol into this course
Potential job outcomes upon completion:
- Area Manager
- Centre Director
- Coordinator (large organisation)
- Community Care Manager
- Manager (small agency/service)
- Community Development Manager
- Program Area Manager
- Community Education Manager
- Project Manager
- Community Services Manager
- Volunteer Program Manager
Our virtual campus delivery allows you to study via our simple and intuitive online learning portal, where you can access your learning and assessment materials anywhere, anytime. Your dedicated trainer and assessor will be with you every step of the way to provide you with real time support and individualised feedback on your assessments. Collaborate and share experiences with your peers using our interactive, online program hub.
Unable to study online? If you are unable to access our online learning we can provide paper-based resources. You will still receive all the same support you need from our experienced trainers with correspondence throughout your study provided via phone, email or video calls through Skype.