This qualification reflects the role of workers who are middle managers or managers across a range of community sector organisations. These people work independently and report to executive management, directors or boards of management. They undertake a range of functions requiring the application of knowledge and skills to achieve results in line with the organisation’s goals and strategic directions.
This qualification is a pathway designed to broaden the skills of the graduate across other sections of the community services industry. This may include management of a specific programs or project, or broader management of a community-based organisation, early childhood education service, not-for-profit organisation or community centre.
During this course you will be covering:
- Leadership, building and maximising team performance
- Effective recruiting, coaching and performance management of staff
- Managing diversity with staff and clients
- Ethics in the workplace
- Managing finances and accounts
- Working to a business model
- Government regulations and quality frameworks
Start studying sooner with a VET Student Loan
VET Student Loans are available for the Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management. Our courses also provide other payment options including payment plans and direct debt. Learn more about our fees and funding.
Call us on 1300 223 040 to find out more about our Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management.
Get your career started today.
Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
BSBRSK501 Manage risk
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCMGT001 Develop, implement and review quality framework
CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
BSBFIM601 Manage finances
CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
CHCPRP004 Promote and represent the service
CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance management processes
To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for ACSF LEVEL 3
You will meet entry requirements for this course if you:
- Are in a management role in the community sector or have previously undertaken one of these roles: Area Manager, Service Manager / Centre Director or Second in Charge.
If you are in a second in charge role, you will need to have employer support to be able to complete a range of tasks within the workplace.
- Hold a qualification at Diploma level or above relevant to work in the community sector or have sufficient experience and knowledge of community work or service, or;
- You hold a Diploma level qualification or above and aspire to be in a management role in the community sector
- Have a sound understanding of legislation, practices and standards applicable to the overall operation of an ACECQA approved children’s service.
Potential job outcomes upon completion:
- Area Manager
- Centre Director
- Coordinator (large organisation)
- Community Care Manager
- Manager (small agency/service)
- Community Development Manager
- Program Area Manager
- Community Education Manager
- Project Manager
- Community Services Manager
- Volunteer Program Manager
Workplace training could be the perfect delivery mode for you to upskill and advance your career. Studying to get qualified or advance your skills while working at the same time means you can earn while you learn and put your career goals within reach sooner.
You will have a dedicated trainer who will arrange visits to your workplace and support you throughout your learning journey.
Study method: Online
Study around your life commitments with trainer support.
Your dedicated trainer and assessor will be with you every step of the way to provide you with support and individualised feedback on your assessments. Online learners can collaborate and share experiences with their peers using our interactive, online program hub.
Study method: Online
When you choose to study online with Selmar you get all the benefits of online learning while still receiving dedicated trainer support from start to finish.
Access your materials and assessments anywhere, anytime and learn with interactive videos and quizzes. Communicate with your trainer and other peers in real time on your easy to use dashboard. Read more