Course fees & funding Victoria

Enquire now

At Selmar, we believe you should be able to get studying as quickly and easily as possible. Selmar provides government funding to eligible students as well as a variety of payment options.


Tuition fees vary and are based on a number of different factors such as nominal study hours, qualification level and course type. The student fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. You will receive a statement of fees once your application for enrolment has been processed. You, your employer or another third party can pay your tuition fee.

Government funding in Victoria

Skills First Program

Subsidised training is available to eligible individuals through the Victorian and Commonwealth Government.

Following eligibility criteria applies:

  • Have physical presence in Victoria while undertaking the Qualification
  • Be Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or New Zealand citizen
  • Commence a maximum of 2 government subsidised courses in a year
  • Undertake a maximum of 2 government subsidised courses at any one time

Candidates may be required to pay a co-contribution depending on the qualification being undertaken. To find out the applicable student contribution by course, please refer to the tuition fees above. If you choose to access a training place subsidised by the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments under the Skills First Program to enrol into a course, your future training options and eligibility for further government subsidised training places under Skills First Program, may be affected.

If you are accessing a government subsidised training place you may be requested to participate in a National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) survey, Annual student outcome survey or give feedback to the Department for a review, audit or investigation purposes.

To check your eligibility, visit The Department of Education and Training of Victoria State Government.


Concessions and exemptions

You may be eligible for a concession if you are enrolling in a Level IV or below course and hold a valid and current:

a) Health Care Card issued by the Commonwealth;
b) Pensioner Concession Card;
c) Veteran’s Gold Card;
d) an alternative card or concession eligibility criterion approved by the Minister

The concessions also apply to a dependant spouse or dependant child of a card holder. If you self-identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, you will receive a concession regardless of the level of the course you wish to enrol in.


Fees will not be charged for enrolment by an individual who is:

a) from the Judy Lazarus Transition Centre (as a prisoner within the meaning of the Corrections Act 1986).
b) who is a young person on a community based orders required to undertake the course pursuant to a community based order made under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005.
c) Who is a Young Person Transitioning From Care Initiative (Provider Network Training Providers only) an individual referred to them with a standard Young People Transitioning From Care Referral Form.

Payment options

VET Student Loans

Students enrolled in participating courses could be eligible for a VET Student Loan. VET FEE-HELP, VET Student Loans will pay eligible students’ tuition fees, covering up to $10,000*. This means you can focus on your career and repay the loan when you’re earning more than the minimum threshold. Learn more about VET Student Loans including the eligibility criteria.

Catalyst Plus interest-free student loans

Catalyst Plus interest free student loans help you get your study started faster. With no hidden fees, fast approvals and no extra forms, Catalyst Plus student loans help you get enrolled and studying, so you can focus on your qualification and building your future. Calculate your repayments.

Make an enquiry

hbspt.forms.create({ css: '', portalId: '2200512', formId: 'e75910c6-4b4a-47b7-a027-e82676274001' });
Facebook IG Instagram LinkedIn Youtube
1300 223 040Enquire Now