Study around your life commitments with dedicated trainer support
Distance study is available to those not currently working in an education and care service/community services organisation or to learners whose workplace is outside the areas our trainers visit. For those not in the workplace, we even help organise your practical placement in a location that works for you. Study via our interactive online portal or use paper-based resources – whatever gives you the best opportunity to succeed. A passionate, experienced trainer will support you from start to finish.
Benefits of distance training
Some of the benefits of distance training include:
- Study around your life commitments while still receiving trainer support
- Engage with your dedicated trainer via online messaging, Skype and phone.
- We help organise your practical placement in a location that works for you.
- Receive regular placement visits to complete observations and provide ongoing coaching.
- Choice of study method: Online or paper based – whatever works for you.
One of the benefits of studying with Selmar is our practical learning that will help you develop hands-on, real-life skills so you develop industry-ready confidence to succeed in the workplace!
Depending on the program a minimum amount of hours must be completed in an education and care service or aged care facility. For students not currently working in the industry, these hours are incorporated into our programs through practical placement. And, we even help you organise placement via our extensive industry network!
Online learning with trainer support
When you choose to study online with Selmar you get all the benefits of online learning while still receiving dedicated trainer support from start to finish.
Benefits of our online portal include:
- Access your materials and assessments anywhere, anytime
- Interactive learning with videos and quizzes
- Submit your assessments online, in real time
- Easy to use dashboard to follow your own progress
If you’re wondering if distance training is suitable for you, it always helps to speak to our friendly course advisors. They can give you all the information you need to help make the best decision for your future. Call 1300 223 040 now or make an enquiry below.