The Certificate IV in Ageing Support is developed for those that are currently employed in the aged care sector and are seeking professional or career development, as well as those that are looking to expand their career in this growing and essential sector.
Students will learn how to maintain and provide personal care and assistance to clients in an aged care residential facility. This includes providing effective support, communication, behaviour management, industry information requirements, safety procedures and cultural sensitivity.
This qualification is available to students already in the workplace, enabling students to further their knowledge and career while continuing to work in a position in the sector.
Call us on 1300 223 040 to find out more about aged care training with Selmar!
Get your career started today.
Certificate IV in Ageing Support
A minimum of 120 working hours must be logged in a residential aged care facility setting.
Government funding & fees
Direct Debit, Credit Card, Pay-as-you-go (Catalyst plus)
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
CHCAGE003 Coordinate service for older people
CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic disease
BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- Students who wish to commence this program should be currently employed in a community services organisation.
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for ACSF LEVEL 2.
- You need to provide a current national Police Check (VIC or NSW depending on where you are commencing your course) or you must provide evidence that you have applied for a police check in your respective state as soon as possible.
- Evidence of flu and COVID-19 vaccination is required to undertake practical placement in an aged care setting. For more information, check with your state health department website.
Possible career pathways you may like to consider upon completion:
- Personal care worker
- Care supervisor
- Program co-ordinator
- Community service co-ordinator
- Community support worker
Our workplace delivery mode is designed for anyone who is currently employed in a community services organisation and would like face-to-face training. Selmar trainers will arrange regular visits to your workplace to offer support, guidance and to complete observations. Read more
- Regular workplace visits — Training comes to you!
- One-on-one training and support
- Marking done on-site and feedback given on the spot
- Flexible assessment methods
- Employer incentives available to support eligible students