10 awesome reasons to work in child care

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Over the next decade, the Victorian Government is introducing funded three-year-old kindergarten. This means the creation of more than 4,000 new early childhood teacher roles and 2,000 new educator roles. This means lots of opportunity for those who would like to pursue a career in this important industry!

We asked a group of inspiring and dedicated early childhood educators why they love working in child care and what makes it so awesome, and they couldn’t stop raving about how much they love the work they do.

Turns out he hardest thing about creating a list of awesome reasons to work in child care is narrowing it down…but here’s our top ten!

1. See the world from a new perspective

“Working in child care has helped me gain a whole new perspective on the world. As well as being my job that I completely love, I feel like I am able to be excited about the little things in life like a child does and it’s an awesome feeling.”

2. Child care workers are in demand

“Knowing that I was gaining qualifications for a role with genuine job prospects was a key factor for me when starting out with my child care career.”

3. Not your standard working days

“I never enjoyed working a standard 9-5 working day at a desk. The variation available in shifts means my days don’t get monotonous, plus I’m moving all day which I love.”

4. The rewarding nature of early childhood education

“Seeing children grow sometimes right through from being babies then toddlers and eventually kinder children ready to go to school is incredible. The look on a child’s face when they achieve something like writing their own name or getting the hang of a tricky puzzle is priceless.”

5. A chance to be creative

“To give children a great day every day, you really have to use your imagination to create stimulating, educational and fun activities they will love.”

6. So many opportunities

“Child care seemed like a career with plenty of opportunities where I could explore lots of avenues. I recently started in my role as Centre Director so it’s certainly been true for me!”

7. Working with children never gets old

“I know they say never work with children or animals, but working with children has brought more joy to my life than I can explain. The things they say, the cuddles, the laughs — it doesn’t get any better.”

8. Working with people

“Working as an educator I’m constantly building relationships and working with others. Whether it’s parents, children, other educators or even people in the community, that sense of collaboration is always around in child care.”

9. Having a meaningful impact on people’s lives

“I love that I can help support other parents by caring for their children while they work or study, and at the same time I’m able to nurture children and offer so many great learning experiences to them.”

10. Room for flexibility

“I’m a mum and a child care worker, so I’m always grateful that there are many part time roles available so I can perfect my work/life balance.”

Check out our courses or learn how you can qualify to be an early childhood educator by contacting us today!

Make an enquiry

ITECAITECA
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube
1300 223 040Enquire Now