Continuing to support new & current learners and client needs.
During this current difficult time, this page provides a central source of information for our learners and clients on Selmar Institute of Education’s action plan for managing the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, now and in the months ahead.
We are all certainly in a unique situation and appreciate this will impact people in varying ways. We believe, now more than ever it is evident that care and compassion are key essential values we all need to exhibit within our communities, and these values closely align with us.
Enabling those looking to study and continuing the education of our current learners remains our key priority, along with the needs of our clients and welfare of our staff. This includes:
- Continuing to provide training, learner success and client relationship support, as usual, to deliver ongoing support to our learners and clients via phone, email or Skype.
- Supporting our communities with regards to social distancing, work placement and observations are currently on hold. We have however structured our courses for learners to continue the theory components of their course, enabling progress through their studies.
- For current online and paper-based learners, we have prepared this short FAQ to help understand any changes. As per usual, continue to contact your trainer if you have any questions relating to your study.
- For those who wish to start studying, rolling intakes remain open and our learner success team is ready to get you, set-up and started.
- To support the community is this difficult time for many, for those looking to commence study, we are please to be able to waive our administration fee and offer $0* to eligible Victorian individuals until 10 April, 2020.
Jo Asquith, CEO, Selmar Institute of Education
We continue to monitor Government and health authority updates, and understand some schools, centres and facilities have actioned visitor restrictions or temporary closures. Essential information on the COVID-19 situation continues to be updated regularly and the latest Australian information can be accessed via the Australian Government Department of Health and the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. Global updates can be found on the World Health Organisation’s website.
If you have any individual concerns or require further guidance during this time, please do not hesitate to contact your trainer, local area representative or contact our office. We are in this together and the Selmar team is here to help.
Stay safe and let’s continue to provide compassion and care into our community during this challenging time for all.