Spring has arrived, and Melbourne has many events in and around the city to inspire us to get active and social! We’ve created a list of some events for older Australians, as well as their families and friends.
- The Victorian Seniors Festival Sunday 4th October to Sunday 11th October. This festival provides free music, comedy, exhibitions, and many more activities tailored to seniors.
- Healthy Ageing: Includes a number of programs organised by the City of Melbourne to help promote healthy ageing within the community.
- Seniors Week Tea Dance: Tuesday 6th October: An old style Tea Dance and live band at the Hawthorn Arts Centre for people of all abilities, both beginner and professional.
- Pizza and Trivia: In conjunction with the Seniors Festival Sunday 4th October to Sunday 11th October. Pizza and lunch provided just come along and challenge your brain with some trivia and games.
- Seniors Day Brunch and Bingo: Tuesday 6th October 11:00am-1:00pm. A day of bingo and brunch with fellow seniors.
- Salt of the Earth – Free Salt Therapy Session 5th October to 9th October. Individuals can try out Salt Therapy for free.
- Irish Show Tunes – Wednesday 9th December 2015 at 11:00am.
- Seniors Christmas Lunch – Enjoy sky high views at Mount Dandenong with friends and family and fill up on traditional Christmas food, alongside some entertainment. Bookings are essential and get in quick to reserve your spot!
There are also many events or classes that run weekly, such as:
- Drawing Classes – every week on Tuesdays and Fridays in Mordialloc.
- Open Meditation Sessions – every week on Thursday nights from 7-8pm in Epping.
- Over 60s Exercise Classes – Every week on Monday and Wednesday, cost of $14 at Lifecare Croydon Sports Medicine.
For more information on upcoming events for older Australians, visit the City of Melbourne, Around You or subscribe to our Aged Care news.