Who are we?
Selmar Institute of Education has spent over 10+ years training over 24,000 students. As one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations we deliver dynamic, fully accredited courses in child care, aged care and disability.
The Selmar approach to education empowers students and their future employers to unlock their full potential and create better opportunities. Our personal, practical and specialised learning style is critical to our success and that of our students and industry partners. Selmar aspires to teach, motivate and inspire students to reach personal greatness.
As leaders in the child care, aged care and disability training space, Selmar is dedicated to educating the workforce of tomorrow in these booming industries. The child care industry employs over 173,000 individuals across Australia; aged care employs over 250,000 people. With further growth expected for both, that means even more opportunities for our students. Our commitment is to support these sectors through high quality, practical training to provide meaningful outcomes in the current workforce.
- In the past 3 years over 8,665 students have graduated from our accredited qualifications.
- In 2016 our average course completion rate was 85%.
- 39% of our campus students received an offer of employment while on placement,
- A further 58% were successful in gaining employment in the industry upon completion of their course
- Selmar has been on the preferred Government provider list in Victoria since 2009, New South Wales since 2011 and Queensland since 2014.
This all started with founder Marcus Sellen’s dream: to create a new standard in workplace training. He wanted to design, develop and deliver bespoke training programs that could inspire the next generation of students. Now, twelve years and three national institutes later, his dream has been realised.
Today, Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), offering high quality training both on-campus, via distance education and in the workplace to ensure future students go on to meet their employers ever-evolving business needs.